Please know that we are committed to protecting and appropriately handling the private and personal information of users and visitors to this Site. We are publishing this Privacy Statement to let you know how we handle personal information in this Site. We may, from time-to-time, update this privacy notice so we encourage you to periodically review this policy. We will notify you about material changes in the way we treat personal information by placing a notice on our site.
3. Registering on the Site. We give visitors to certain Sites the opportunity to register or provide their contact information such as their e-mail address so they can receive updates such as news reports, project or organization reports, opportunities for personal and financial involvement and promotional information. You may also be required to register on the Site to engage in other activities, such as purchases or downloads of materials, services, products, donations, receiving promotions, registering for conferences or activities, or registering for chat rooms or public forums. Personally identifiable information that you provide in these registrations is used consistently with this policy and we will notify you at a particular site if any uses are different than these uses. You can choose not to receive such mailings, or cancel any registrations, by un-subscribing. (See "Opt-In/Opt-Out Communications” below).
4. Security. For Sites that collect information, we typically employ security measures, including technical, administrative, and physical security steps to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. For example, the Site may use a Secured Socket Layer (SSL) server for activities such as order forms, and for users to make donations, download information and materials, and to make purchases online. For this, users need to provide contact information (such as name, postal and e-mail addresses) and financial information (credit card numbers and expiration dates). Information that is collected from a person may be used to verify their qualifications for registration, to bill them for products and services, and for all purposes related to the transaction. These uses could include processing your order, transmitting information to the participating merchant or service provider, and authenticating your purchase(s), and the information you have provided. We also use technology to protect your credit card number when we store your order and whenever we transfer that information to participating merchants or service providers.
We cannot guarantee that the security measures we implement in connection with the operation of the Site will absolutely prevent others from accessing or acquiring any information that you provide while using the Site. You can do some things to help protect the security of your information. For instance, never give out your password since this is what is used to access all of your account information. Also, remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you finish visiting our Site, so that other people using the same computer will not have access to your information.
8. Special Rules for Children. We do not collect more personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 than is necessary for them to participate in our online or other activities such as registering for a conference or downloading materials. When a child under the age of 13 attempts to register with one of Our Sites, purchase products or materials, or participate in an activity requiring the submittal of personally identifiable information, he or she must have a parent or guardian provide permission and consent for that child to provide information and register. The only personally identifiable information we collect from a child is information that is necessary for the child to participate in some activity, such as an address for making a purchase. We may also collect personal information, like a pet's name, to help visitors (including children) remember their Log-in Name and password if they forget them. We also allow parents to request at any time that the information collected about their child be removed from our database. If you would like to review information about your children that they have provided as registered users, please send such request by e-mail to the e-mail address available through the Site. Please be sure to include your child's log-in name and password.
On certain of our Sites, we occasionally may host or offer access to some chat rooms, or other Forums, where no personally identifiable information is collected or posted. Children can visit these Forums without having to first provide any personally identifiable information.
9. Opt-In/Opt-Out Communications. We may provide visitors to the Site the opportunity to register for services such as signing-up to receive updates from certain parts of Our Organization. Visitors are not obligated to register for these services. Also, you can unsubscribe from any electronic communications from Our Organization. Please contact us to request that we no longer contact you via e-mail or other means using the personal information you have provided at any of the Site.
10. Access and Change Information. The Site may offer different options for accessing, changing and modifying information you previously provided at the Site. To change or update your information, such as donor or customer record (for registered users only), e-mail address, or address, or to stop a duplicate e-mail, please contact us as described below. Make sure to provide your name with both the old and new information.
11. Contacting Our Organization. A link named "Contact" may be provided on pages of Our Site. Please click on this link to send an e-mail to Our Organization’s support staff and we will work to ensure your query is answered or passed on to the appropriate person in a timely manner. You can also contact Our Organization about general information of our Site at: www.globalmediaoutreach.com
12. Your California Privacy Rights. Beginning January 1, 2005 under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2005 will receive information regarding 2004 sharing activities). Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements.